Nov 8, 2020 by Hsu Ken Ooi
We started a podcast! We are hoping it will accomplish 2 things.
- Improve Accessibility – We find people often don’t think about starting a company because they either don’t know someone who has or have an unrealistic view (typically exclusionary) of the types of people that do
- Distribute Knowledge – We also find that operational knowledge is less widely and evenly distributed to the detriment of the ecosystem
Most of the time, we will be interviewing people who start, operate, and invest in startups, on how they got started and what their experience is like. Once in a while, like in the first episode, we’ll be giving practical advice around a specific topic.
Please subscribe through your podcast provider of choice.
They are also available as videos on our new YouTube channel.
Our first episode is a conversation between Brian and me on How to Find a Good Problem For Your Startup to Work On.
We tackle the following questions.
- Why is it important to focus on problems, not solutions?
- Why it’s important to work on a good problem?
- How to tell if a problem is a good problem?
- Do you need to have the problem to solve it?
- How do you look for good problems?
Lots of anecdotes about the companies we started.